In PTE Reading Fill in the blanks, there are 4-5 tasks. For each task, In the text, some words are missing. Drag words from the box below to the appropriate place it the text. To undo an answer choice, drag the word back to the box below the text.
Reading task types are not timed individually. You can refer to the timer in the upper right-hand corner of the computer screen, ‘Time remaining’ which counts down the time remaining for the reading part.
*There is no tone to indicate in this question type and you are supposed to answer when the blue recording bar appears in the recording status box.
PTE READING FILL IN THE BLANKS TIPS
- First and foremost, Skim for the main idea of the text.
- Concentrate on parts of speech before and after the blank, it helps in finding the missing word.
- Select the word, which is mostly collocates with words beside it.
- Do not forget that you can re swap options once you fill them.
- Do a final read-through given para and if you notice some sentence(s) are not making meaning go for swapping of the option until you get meaning from para.
In the text below some words are missing. Drag words from the box below to the appropriate place it the text. To undo an answer choice, drag the word back to the box below the text.
The practice of giving graduation gifts seems to be alive and well, despite __________________ economic times. A recent study in the US has shown that while families may not have as much to spend, they are being more __________________ in the gifts they bestow. Lavish celebrations and large lump __________________ seem to have gone by the wayside in favor of smaller, more thoughtful gifts.
Answers: Generous, hard, creative, money, sums, favorable