In PTE Read aloud, there are 6-7 tasks. For each task, you read the given text aloud into the microphone. In 40 seconds, you must read this text aloud as naturally and as clearly as possible. You will have 40 seconds to give your response.
In Speaking, time is allocated separately for each question. Usually, it will be mentioned in instruction or in the audio player/ recorder. Hence, you have to follow a given time. You can not manage time as per your wish.
READ ALOUD TIPS
- Before it starts recording, read the total sentence once since you have 40 secs time.
- Scan for hard words and spell it clearly before it starts recording.
- Be aware of plurals, don’t read wrongly.
- Fluency is key to get a high score in this section.
- Don’t maintain silence for more than 3sec while recording; If you do so sometimes recording won`t happen for that question or fewer marks will be given.
- Your tone must be NATURAL.
- Do not try to imitate or follow other slang.
- Rising and falling tone for some words is important.
- No long disconnection of sentences. (i.e. Gap to each sentence)
- Beware of inappropriate stress and incorrect pronunciation to some words.
- During recording maintain uniformity in pace don’t be too fast or too slow.
Look at the text below. In 40 seconds, you must read this text aloud as naturally and as clearly as possible.
Clearly, times are changing and while many people are saving for their retirement, many more still need to do so. Most countries have a range of pension schemes that are designed to provide individuals with an income once they stop working. People need to take advantage of these if they are to have sufficient money throughout their retirement years.